- Tel 1：
- Tel 2：
- E-mail 1： email@example.com
- E-mail 2：
- Research Room：
- Field： Ocean Engineering, Wind wave, Renewable energy
- Academic Background：
- Dr-Ing. Of Hyraulic Engineering, Hannover Technical University in 1973
- M.S. of Hyraulic Engineering, Cheng Kung University in 1967
- B.S. of Hyraulic Engineering, Cheng Kung University in 1964
- Director General, Institute of Harbor & Marine Technology
- Research Achievements/Publications：
A. Journal Papers
- Yao, Z. Z., W. Fan, C. Xiao, Y. F. Qiang, Y. W. Pan, N. K. Liang and Y. Chen (2019) Theoretical and experimental study on influence factors of bubble-entrained plume in air-injection artificial upwelling. Ocean Engineering, 192, 106572.
- Liang, N. K. (2012) The freak wave potential of typhoon swell. Journal of Marine Science and Technology-Taiwan, 20(4), 467-471.
- Liang, N. K. (2007) The freak wave mystery - A new hypothesis for its occurrence. Journal of Marine Science and Technology-Taiwan, 15(3), 241-246.
- Liang, N. K. (2006) A reflection of pneumatic breakwater. Journal of Coastal and Ocean Engineering, 6(1), 85-99.
- Liang, N. K. and H. K. Peng (2005) A study of air-lift artificial upwelling. Ocean Engineering, 32, 731-745.
- Liang, N. K., J. S. Huang and C. F. Li (2004) A study of spar buoy floating breakwater. Ocean Engineering, 31, 43-60.
- Liang, N. K. (2003) The typhoon swell Doppler effect. Ocean Engineering, 30, 1107-1115.
- Lin, W. C. and N. K. Liang (2000) A study on typhoon swell decay by adverse wind. Acta Oceanographica Taiwanica, 38, 45-59.
B. Conference Papers
- Liang, N. K. (2004) Evidences of typhoon/hurricane swell Doppler effect. Proceedings, Second Sino-German Joint Symposium on Coastal and Ocean Engineering, October 11-20, 2004, Nanjing, China.
- Liang, N. K. and H. K. Peng (2003) A preliminary study on air-lift artificial upwelling induced by air-bubble screen. Proceedings of the Fifth (2003) Ocean Mining Symposium, Tsukuba, Japan, Sept. 15-19, 2003, pp. 31-36.
- Huang, J. S. and N. K. Liang (2002) An experimental study of wave sheltering through multi-layer vertical cylinder fence. Fierst German-Chinese Joint Symposium on Coastal and Ocean Engineering, April 10-12, 2002, pp. 237-244.
- Lin, W. C. and N. K. Liang (2001) A proposed alarm system for typhoon swell in Taiwan. The Sixth Workshop on Ocean Models for AOEC Region (WOM-6), pp.3-1-4-14.
- 半封閉圓管組抗波箱網 中華民國Offshore Cage using Semi-closed Pipe System, Rep. of China
- 半封閉圓管群浮式防波 中華民國Semi-closed Pipe Floating Breakwater, Rep. of China
Ocean Engineering I:
Introduction to marine resources; Introduction to environment investigation pertaining to ocean engineering; Review of fluid mechanics; Small amplitude wave theory; Engineering wave properties; Long wave; Wave maker theory
Ocean Engineering II
Wave statistics and spectra; Wave forces; Waves over real seabeds; Beach and near shore current; Nonlinear properties derivable from small amplitude waves; Nonlinear waves; Model tests; Dredging engineering
The Commission on Research and Development, NTU has recently approved the Frontier and Innovative Proposal Concept “Ocean Nutrient Enhancement Field Experiment－First Step to Ocean Ranching”.